
As the Belmont nears, I'm liking a few of these horses okay, but overall am disappointed with the lack of depth I've seen in this year's Triple Crown. That said, I think I've got a pretty good feel of who's got a shot today.
1. ICE BOX. Florida Derby win didn't put him on my radar, but fast rallying finish in the Kentucky Derby did. Taking the chance choosing him without a whole lot of early speed in this race, but I think he has the most class, and the best shot. A slow pace won't help his chances, but late speed's been holding up pretty well at Belmont today.
2. FLY DOWN. Big win at Belmont last month, looks great, and can't count out Zito. If Ice Box doesn't take it, this is the next best shot.
3. STATELY VICTOR. Bluegrass win doesn't tell me much when combined with 8th place Derby finish. A polytrack wonder? Maybe. Still I have this feeling about this horse I've had for a while now and I just can't shake it. Ghostzapper bloodline should point toward dirt capabilities.
4. MAKE MUSIC FOR ME. Wet track wonder? Maybe. Still, overcame alot of trouble to finish well at Churchill.
5. FIRST DUDE. They say he was just getting started when he crossed the wire second to Lookin' at Lucky in the Preakness...
A last minute addition: STAY PUT. Shown his best stuff on wet tracks, but was an easy winner on the derby undercard and looks good.

No comments:
Post a Comment