2004--my first Kentucky Derby.
I chose--Smarty Jones, Lion Heart, Tapit
They Finished--Smarty Jones, Lion Heart, Imperialism (Tapit was 9th)
Picked Ashado to win the Oaks and Madcap Escapade for third.
2005--didn't get to watch the race
I chose--High Fly, Bellamy Road, Bandini
They finished--Giacomo, Closing Argument, Afleet Alex (High Fly was 20, Bellamy Road 7, Bandini 18)
2006--My personal favorite
I chose--Barbaro, Jazil, Lawyer Ron, Brother Derek
They finished--Barbaro, Bluegrass Cat, Steppenwolfer (Jazil 4th, Brother Derek 5th, Lawyer Ron 12th).
2007--Getting better!
I chose--Curlin, Street Sense, Scat Daddy, Hard Spun.
they finished--Street Sense, Hard Spun, Curlin (Scat Daddy 18th)
Curlin had a rough trip but ran a great race.
Picked Rags to Riches for the Ladies, but who didn't?
2007 Preakness Stakes
I chose--Curlin, Street Sense, Hard Spun
They finished--Curlin, Street Sense, Hard Spun
And there it was--my first TRI. I was at my own graduation party when my mom came out telling me my 1-2 just photo finished and she didn't know who won.
2007 Jockey Club Gold Cup
I chose--Curlin, Lawyer Ron, Political Force, Sun King
They finished--Curlin, Lawyer Ron, Political Force, Sun King.
What? Now we're up to Superfecta's?
2007 Breeder's cup Juvenile
Liked War Pass, Wicked Style, and Tale of Ekati
They finished-- War Pass, Pyro, Kodiak Kowboy. (Tale of Ekati 4th, Wicked Style 12th didn't like surface.) Pyro wasn't on my radar yet, even after the champagne.
2007 Breeder's cup Distaff
I chose--Ginger Puch, Histericalady, Octave
they finished--Ginger Punch, Histericalady, Octave.
The one time I really wished I was a gambler. The payoff for this one was pretty good.
2007 Breeder's Cup Turf
I chose Dylan Thomas, English Channel, Red Rocks, Better Talk Now
They finished--English Channel, Shamdinan, Red Rocks, Better Talk Now, Dylan Thomas.
2007 Breeder's Cup Classic
I chose--Lawyer Ron, Curlin, Street Sense (didn't think Lawyer Ron ran his best when he barely lost to Curlin in the Jockey Club Gold Cup. Big Mistake.
they finished--Curlin, Hard Spun, Awesome Gem. (Lawyer Ron 7th, Street Sense 4th)
I haven't had too much luck yet this year in the Kentucky Derby preps. But I liked War Pass for the Tampa Bay Derby like everyone else. Liked Atoned to place and Big Truck to show. Liked Big Brown, Elysium Fields and Hey Byrn in the Florida Derby, not necessarily in that order. Liked Visionaire in the Gotham. Other than that, I've been surprised. Hopefully I'll figure it all out by derby day. The one horse that's doing me well is Pyro. He's been my winner twice this year, and hopefully will do so again on Bluegrass Day, and ultimately, Derby Day.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment