
(Big Brown winning Florida Derby)
There is no denying--Big Brown was awesome today. So to all of those Big Brown haters--sorry, but ya'll are going to have to eat your words for a while. I hated that his trainer was so "confident" (which I like to use to replace arrogant). But I decided at post time not to take it out on the horse, and after going back and forth between him and Colonel John, and even Eight Belles once, I settled on this top five:
1. Big Brown (won of course)
2. Colonel John (was sixth)
3. Eight Belles (was second, more on that later)
4. Pyro (was eighth)
5. Visionaire (was twelfth)
not a bad day's work, and when combined with the other two winners I chose today, it gets even better. Also, I got the Oaks Derby Double because I chose Proud Spell yesterday.
Big Brown could go all the way guys--his hardest race is over. We'll see if he stays sound long enough to win the other two (because that will probably be his biggest problem).
Now about Eight Belles--I honestly thought, when I saw a gray laying on the track, that it was either Monba or Z Fortune, because Eight Belles had just finished second and looked perfectly fine. But of course we all know it was her. She broke both front ankles, which is very odd, while she was galloping out. Actually she was done galloping out--she looked totally fine, then all the sudden she just collapsed. I'll write more on her when I have a better sense of how I feel about that.
This post is to Big Brown and his awesome race today!
1. Big Brown (won of course)
2. Colonel John (was sixth)
3. Eight Belles (was second, more on that later)
4. Pyro (was eighth)
5. Visionaire (was twelfth)
not a bad day's work, and when combined with the other two winners I chose today, it gets even better. Also, I got the Oaks Derby Double because I chose Proud Spell yesterday.
Big Brown could go all the way guys--his hardest race is over. We'll see if he stays sound long enough to win the other two (because that will probably be his biggest problem).
Now about Eight Belles--I honestly thought, when I saw a gray laying on the track, that it was either Monba or Z Fortune, because Eight Belles had just finished second and looked perfectly fine. But of course we all know it was her. She broke both front ankles, which is very odd, while she was galloping out. Actually she was done galloping out--she looked totally fine, then all the sudden she just collapsed. I'll write more on her when I have a better sense of how I feel about that.
This post is to Big Brown and his awesome race today!

No comments:
Post a Comment