
Mine That Bird won Saturday's Kentucky Derby in Street Sense like fashion with odds of an incredible 50-1. He has confirmed his presence in the Preakness Stakes, and after a 6 3/4 length victory, he may actually be a ligitimate contender for the whole deal. I think the difference for him was getting stuck at the back, because either he's a stretch runner, or the most versatile horse that ever was. (Yeah, that's an exageration, I know). I'm interested to see if they take him back in the Preakness, because I'm thinking, he should have been there all along. Looks like Birdstone has already produced his first Derby winner, which is just one more thing he has over Smarty Jones.
Full Order of Finish (my prediction in parentheses)
1. Mine That Bird (no)
2. Pioneer of the Nile (2)
3. Musket Man (5)
4. Papa Clem (6)
5. Chocolate Candy (8)
6. Summer Bird (10)
7. Join In The Dance (no)
8. Regal Ransom (7)
9. West Side Bernie (no)
10. General Quarters (no)
11. Dunkirk (3)
12. Hold Me Back (no)
13. Advice (no)
14. Desert Party (4)
15. Mr. Hot Stuff (no)
16. Atomic Rain (no)
17. Nowhere To Hide (no)
18. Friesan Fire (1)
19. Flying Private (19)

No comments:
Post a Comment