
Today's Preakness Stakes has drawn many of those who ran in the Kentucky Derby, including the unlikely winner, Mine That Bird, Pioneer of the Nile, Musket Man, Papa Clem, Friesan Fire, Flying Private. But this race has one key thing that the Derby didn't--Rachel Alexandra. She's been incredible this year, but this race will probably be her toughest race yet. She looks much the best, but only the race can hold that answer. I'm torn here. I think Rachel deserves this win, and I think she is the best. But I'd love to see Mine That Bird win, because, like every other horse racing fan, I'm craving a triple crown winner.
1. Rachel Alexandra (She's just incredible)
2. Musket Man (ran so well from a bad trip in Derby)
3. Mine That Bird (Needs some magic again, but he's a nice colt)
4. Friesan Fire (Apparently cut himself up running on that slop? He should rebound)
5. Pioneer of the Nile (always tries, but how much talent?)
6. Big Drama (I liked him last time out)
7. Papa Clem (Has proven consistency, and he many finish much better than this)
8. General Quarters (I still think he's outclassed)

No comments:
Post a Comment