
Was simply stunning in the Louisiana Derby. It's been hard not to put him up as number one, but I still am a bit more impressed with I Want Revenge. However, this horse has alot going for him. He's got impressive wins, and he's proven on slop, which isn't likely but a one in thousands of possibilities on Derby Day.
Record: 7-4-1-1
Major Preps Won: Lecompte, Risen Star, Louisiana Derby.
Advantages: Has style, great connections, and can handle the mud. Also, he's proven on the traditional dirt, and Fairgrounds' surface is much like Churchill Downs surface. Talent and great bloodlines also make him one to look at closely. He's a son of A.P. Indy (Seattle Slew X Weekend Surprise (Secretariat)). His mother and her sire were also proven to have talent on the track.
Disadvantages: Might not be facing the toughest rivals at Fairgrounds, but it's hard to argue with three straight wins there. Has he improved that much, or is he a Fairgrounds specialist? I doubt it. Must break Larry Jones's apparent curse though.

No comments:
Post a Comment