
Parentheses indicate where they were on my last list.
1. I Want Revenge (1)
I still think his Wood Memorial was the most impressive prep so far, and that his experience and versatility will help him out a whole lot on Derby Day.
2. Friesan Fire (4)
I liked him an awful lot after the LA Derby, and Papa Clem's win in the Arkansas Derby over Old Fashioned further solidified him as a top contender, because in his last outing he was beaten by Friesan Fire.
3. Quality Road (3)
I'm more confident about him now that the quarter crack seems to be on the mend.
4. Dunkirk (6)
It looks like he just might squeeze into the field after all!
5. Pioneer of the Nile (2)
Certainly won't give it up without a fight.
6. Papa Clem (n/a)
Arakansas Derby validated him as a top contender. I think he needs to step up a bit for the win.
7. Desert Party (8)
7. Regal Ransom (8)
Duo from Dubai arrived at Churchill. I'll be looking closely at how they train on the track.
8. Chocolate Candy (n/a)
Has been running well, and was a good second last time out.
9. Old Fashioned (5)
Is hanging on to a spot in the top ten, but I've ruled him out. He's here at the moment becuase I'm not really seeing any others that I really want to put in this spot, but I don't think he belongs in the Derby. Certainly he's earned the right to be there, but he will not win. He just has too much speed on the front end, and he showed in the Arkansas Derby that it couldn't be harnessed.
10. Hold Me Back
Still needs to prove it to me on the dirt, but ran decently off a wide trip in the Bluegrass.
10. Mafaaz
It's hard to say what he'll do in America.
10. General Quarters
Has to be here if Hold Me Back is.
10. Beethoven
Only because if I rule him out he'll come back to haunt me.

No comments:
Post a Comment