Wednesday, April 30, 2008

18. Recapturetheglory


Record: 6-2-1-2
-
Reminiscent of War Emblem, this guy comes in off a wire to wire Illinois Derby win. He'll be a long shot, no doubt, but I will never completely overlook any horse--I've learned the hard way. War Emblem was a long shot on Derby Day, and he went on to do some pretty impressive things. As for Recapturetheglory, he definitely will not get the comfortable pace he got at Hawthorne on Derby Day, and if he's one dimensional, he could run poorly if he doesn't get the lead. I'm actually quite interested to see how he does on Saturday. Again for fans of patterns--if he runs all three triple crown races according to his, he'll run well in the Derby and Preakness and win the Belmont. He's won every third race. But, they can't all run on patterns. I don't expect too much from this one.

No comments: